Old 12-30-2010, 06:29 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

I did get a nice surprise in the sewing cabinet I bought for $6.00, it has a vintage pfaff in it...probably a 70's model,,I have not even cleaned completely in the 5 years is has been sitting in that cabinet in my sewing room...reason is my Elna sits on top! I do have the book and attachments for it though..still in the drawers like when I bought it
Jaciqltznok, what vintage Pfaff is in the cabinet? If it is a 1970's, it could be a 1222, which sells for quite a bit on e-bay. If fact, there was a lady advertising on our Craigslist who was asking for one! She wanted to find a Pfaff 1222 for $100 if possible. She didn't want to have to pay more off of E-Bay and pay shipping as they are heavy! I have a 1222e that I bought brand new in 1976 - it was a top of the line machine then -- we had to make payments on it! I still use that Pfaff almost daily, did three complete weddings including the mother-in-laws dress, bridesmaids, and flower girl with that Pfaff. That is a great machine. I use it now for putting on bindings mostly because of the walking foot. It is and has always been my favorite machine. I now use my Mother's Pfaff 130 for most of my piecing -- she used her Pfaff everyday from 1952 until she died in 2007.

Oh and I do use my treadles too! I use my Singer 15-88 treadle for all of my FMQting and thread play.

Nancy