Old 12-30-2010, 06:45 AM
Quilter7x

Originally Posted by bdship
Look here :
serendipityhandmade.blogspot.com/2009/10/vintage-thingies-thursday-minnesota.html

And EBay has one for sale, take a look there too.
Loved the blog, that's exactly what the machine looks like. I signed up with the International Sewing Machine Collectors' Society last night so I can learn more about it.

I did see a couple of them on eBay. DH is interested in the monetary value, I'm more interested in getting it running! :lol:

Originally Posted by Jingle
Good for you 7, I have not heard of them. Billy posted what he knows about it, he knows his sewing machines. Go check out Billy's thread on cleaning it up. Be careful and don't ruin the decals. Good luck.
Exactly, I'm really worried about damaging the decals, so I'm going to follow his recommendations. The machine does seem dirty, discovered that as hubby was oiling it last night. It's rubbing somewhere, but we can't figure out where. I know nothing about these types of machines, but DH says he used to see them all the time growing up. He's also very mechanically inclined, so he can figure out how it works for the most part.