View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 07:01 AM
CraftsByRobin

Originally Posted by Marmie
This isn't really a quilting question.But it does have to do with quilts. I recently lost my mother. I had made several quilts for her. My sister has them right now but would like me to come get them.Has anyone else made special quilts for a loved one and gotten them back when they pass away? I just don't know that I want them. Or maybe it's just too soon. One is a Picture quilt, with pictures of her and family. Another is one of sun bonnet Sues and Sams representing all 8 of her children and a couple in the center for her and my father. The second was used at her viewing. I'm wondeering if I should give them away or wait to see if in time it won't hurt so badly to see them. I don't know if anyone else would actually want them. Any advice or similar stories would be greatly appreciated.
I would wait. I would pack them away and give it time before deciding what to do with them. If you have children, they may want them in the future. It's better to wait and know for sure you no longer want them than to give them away and regret it.

*HUGS* I'm sorry for your loss