View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 07:46 AM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by leonajo
Do u order fabric on line? Thanks so much for posting the pictures, it is very interesting!! Do u live in a smaller town or a city? Do u have longarm services there? or all hand quilting?
If I were to order fabric on line (like ebay), I have them sent to my mom and wait either til she sends a box over by boat or til someone comes over or we go back.

Just 3 miles from the Warsaw city limits. It's a smaller town. But all the fabric stores are this size...even in Warsaw. Shopping is a "hunting/gathering experience" for this kind of thing.

Longarm services? That is funny. No. :) People generally don't quilt here.

I did buy a Janome 7700 here in Nov. !! I was so pleased to see it--and cheaper than the prices that I saw in the states. I'm not sure why.

I have no problem buying things on line, but I do have a problem with people/companies shipping things over. If they want to charge me 100% customs, they will. That isn't much of a savings by the time you add it to the original cost plus international shipping. We are able to bring in about $45/day duty free into the country, but that is supposed to include shipping. So, we are better off just being patient and waiting til someone comes over from the states who can then bring it over in their suitcases. We are supposed to have at least 2 couples coming in March...so we'll see.