View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 09:03 AM
mysikaanne

Originally Posted by LindaM
I love that you have all the different sizes listed in your instructions ... but am still confused for clue #1 - what is the 1a? Are we making two sets? one with twice as many as the other?

Example - crib size:
1 - square color 1 and rectangle background color, 160 pieces - when sewn together you will have 80 rectangles with one corner contrast triangle.
1a - same thing, but 80 pieces, will have 40 constructed rectangles with corner contrast triangle.

Then repeat with the contrast triangle mirrored.

Put together 1 with mirror 1 for a total of 80 pieces; and then put together another set from 1a/1a-mirror pieces for 40 more constructed rectangles. Total 120 constructed blocks. Is that right?
LOL Whooaahh Linda.. :) You start out with clue #1.. it is just the two sections of a small triangle on the rectangle.... then you sew the two sections together..to make a big triangle with the background on either side..So say for instance you are doing the Cribsize.. it calls for 160 pieces in Clue 1 so 80 pieces will be a background with a triangle one way.. and 80 pieces will be with the triangle the other mirrored way..right? Clue 1a sews both those pieces together... In the end you will have 80 pieces total? Did that help? I have a pieces list now for you all to look at. I hope this helps