View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 10:21 AM
happymrs

I love this topic, lots of good ideas, & good deeds here. Nice to know, some I haven't even thought of yet!

Whenever I leave the house & am out & about, I keep a natural smile on my face. I choose to be happy & it works, trust me! My smile is such a habit now, that sometimes, I get a smile back & wonder what they are smiling about, lol!

I always put the cart back too, or, if there are no racks nearby, & weather isn't helping, I make sure I leave it in a safe, secure place.

I always hold the door for others, only bothers me when they waltz right through, & don't grab, leaving you to feel like their personal doorman, instead being courteous too, oh well. I try to let others blend in when driving, or go in front of me at the grocery store. One year, we also qualified for a free turkey at Thanksgiving. Being empty nesters, & not wanting turkey around forever, we asked the store manager if they donate them elsewhere. He said no, but made suggestions. Then we shopped. As we were checking out, he came to us, & said, a lady had just come in asking, so our turkey found a much needed home & it made us all happy! Another idea to think about, if you end up with one you don't need! Now hubby is retired & we don't grocery shop often enough to qualify, but I would do it again in a minute!

Love all these ideas, please keep posting them, & I too, need to work on my listening skills with others!...