Old 12-30-2010, 11:09 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I think someone put a shuttle in and it is not the right one for this machine.

Does anyone have a resource for shuttle sizes for these old machines?

Nancy

Can you point me toward a picture of the machine? Also, examine your shuttle carefully; make sure the tip isn't blunted and there's no burrs on it. Also, most Davis shuttles I've seen has the name printed on it. Does it just not fit right in the carrier?
Miz Johnny my machine is posted on page 474. I see shuttles on E-bay all the time, but they are sold as number so and so. I wish I knew which number went with my machine, if any of them do that is. Or at least, what the exact length should be for my shuttle. Do you have a machine like mine that you could measure the shuttle and send a picture?

I really want to get this machine working! I will go out to the garage (that is where Betty lives right now) and see if the shuttle has Davis printed on it and measure as soon as it warms up a bit! (We have a detached garage and it is 20 degrees right now!)

The shuttle seems to fit properly, but it is facing the wrong direction for the needle to pick up the thread? I have tried putting it in differently, that will not work. It is in properly, just doesn't seem to face the correct direction for the needle to pick up the thread.

Nancy
I have the same machine; it is piled high at the moment, and my GD is taking a nap in that room, but I'll get back to you!
Miz Johnny, If I lived close to you, I would love to spend a day helping you clean your basement. It would be so educational to just see all of those machines and listen to how you acquired them all. I love reading your posts that states "oh I got one of them, but I just need to get to it...". I picture this basement covered with machines and some machines piled on top of cabinets that are holding machines.