View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 12:27 PM
lalaland

Originally Posted by karendenice
Hi there. I am new to quilting and have just figured out what LQS and FMQ mean. I machine pieced three quilt tops a long, long time ago. One is a wall hanging and hand quilted ( does not look too great, but it's a first), still have binding to do. Just got sewing machine out again. (Kenmore Elite, all I could afford then and can not afford a new one).Am trying to hand quilt one. But do you think that I could FMG on the other one with the machine turned? And how do you machine piece with the machine turned and get the seams straight? H ave never quilted before and have never seen it done or even seen a long-arm machine. :?
I have a Kenmore Elite, it's my primary sewing machine. I do all my FMQ on my Elite. I have one of those large plastic tables that you can put next to the machine and I use a teflon slider. I'm pretty excited about this setup though, going to copy and paste important info onto Word and give to hubby, maybe we'll go shopping today! I have a table that is not in use that I think would be perfect for this!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-150172.jpe