View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 01:31 PM
mimee4

Thanks to each and every one of you who encouraged and supported me through this mess. Hugs for each of you. I was unable to contact the Better Business Bureau - must have been off for the holidays. On Tuesday, Swopes contacted me to tell me the sewing machine was fixed - $89.99 please! Hummmm! I was able to contact an attorney who advised me to check the machine out and then pay what I felt comfortable with, just to close out the matter.
My daughter went with me and I took cash because, as I figured would happen, the bill said "cash only". No canceled check - he'd been down this road before!
By all appearances, based on the settings that had been changed and the position of the needle, it appeared the machine was fixed. All I wanted to do was pay the :twisted: bill and get outta there.
When I got home I checked it out. Yes it was fixed and he even gave a stab at cleaning it - not perfectly but ok job.
I still will never, ever go there again and will advise the quilting groups around here to stay away, far far away.
Again, thx and I love all of you.