Thread: Lighting
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 04:41 PM
JUNEC

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
I am so glad I found this topic! Should have found it earlier as I was trying to sew navy blue fabric with a small desk lamp and the non-existent light on my sewing machine. I can't use flourescent as they give me migraines. I wear no-line bi-focal glasses, too, so that is another issue. I was looking at the Ott lights but never could bring myself to spend the money so I'm glad to know that I might be able to buy the knock-off at Big Lots. I have to have a bright white light to really see well. I'm thinking about getting a floor lamp (knockoff Ott) so it doesn't take up a lot of room on my sewing cabinet. My overhead light is a ceiling fan with 3 lights and I put in the highest wattage it calls for. I then have 2 other lamps in my little tiny sewing room/office and still can't see well so hate to go in there in late afternoon or night. Luckily, there is a large window that lets in good light during the day...if the sun is shining, that is!
I go a generic Ott light at Lowe's or Home Depot for my FIL - he has macular degeneration as well - was far less expensive then Joann's