View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Pat P

I saw some flowers made out of felt at the store for 3.99 each. I came home and made them for 25 cents a piece. I started out with the cap off a gallon milk jug. cut it round,then took little nicks out here and there around (remember this is suppose to look like a flower.) then used it for a pattern for the next one. Lay it on a slightly bigger piece and again do the nick here nick there. Each last piece is the pattern for the next one. When you have 8 graduating layers you will have a stack with the smallest on top and the largest on the bottom. Think my bottom is about three inches or less. Get a beading needle and go up from the bottom to the top add a bead and back down thru the bottom. do this with 8-9 beads depending on the size of bead. Big bead-fewer--- small beads do more. I sew these onto headbands (cloth and Narrow) from the Dollar store. Place the flower a little to the side sort of at a cocky angle and stitch underneath. Teens LOVE them as they are one of a kind. I have done stars the same way as well as hearts. Feathers with jeweled centers come next.