Old 12-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Yes Miz Johnny I tried cheating the needle down. I tried re-threading the machine, the shuttle. I tried everything I know to get this machine to even pick up the shuttle thread -- it won't. I had my DH look at the machine as he is really good with mechanics and he thinks it is the shuttle too. The shuttle fits really sloppy, not snug like my 127 or 28. My Davis is missing the tension spring wire, but that should only cause the machine to have bad stitches -- this machine won't even begin to sew.

I did get a manual printed off of Needlebar. I also ordered two different manuals from http://www.thetreadlersvillage.com/s...nemanuals.html and have received neither nor can I get a response when I e-mail them as to why?

I am a little frustrated. If I can't get this Davis to work, I will find another one one day!

Nancy
OK--I unloaded the Davis and took a look; I took pictures. I put everything back. Then I got to thinking that you bought a new shuttle for it, so I got out a Boye #10. They look a lot alike, but no cigar--the Boye DOESN'T work well in the race. I have my GD on my lap right now, but when I put her to bed in a few minutes, I'll go to the basement and look through my other Boye cases and see if they all look like this. If so, you're going to need an ORIGINAL Davis shuttle. Don't give up just yet; I want to check with some folks and see if anyone has one, and what the cost would be. I would advise you to keep it anyway, as the base/cabinet is always the hard part to find. Heads come up on Ebay occasionally. At any rate, let me look, and if you don't have a good manual copy, I'll copy mine.

I would like to add that I unloaded a 15 HC, a serger, an Ideal, and a Who Knows?, plus bits and parts--twice, because it didn't occur to me to check the Boye 10 fit until I put it all back! My life is exhausting.