Old 12-30-2010, 07:06 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

OK--I unloaded the Davis and took a look; I took pictures. I put everything back. Then I got to thinking that you bought a new shuttle for it, so I got out a Boye #10. They look a lot alike, but no cigar--the Boye DOESN'T work well in the race. I have my GD on my lap right now, but when I put her to bed in a few minutes, I'll go to the basement and look through my other Boye cases and see if they all look like this. If so, you're going to need an ORIGINAL Davis shuttle. Don't give up just yet; I want to check with some folks and see if anyone has one, and what the cost would be. I would advise you to keep it anyway, as the base/cabinet is always the hard part to find. Heads come up on Ebay occasionally. At any rate, let me look, and if you don't have a good manual copy, I'll copy mine.

I would like to add that I unloaded a 15 HC, a serger, an Ideal, and a Who Knows?, plus bits and parts--twice, because it didn't occur to me to check the Boye 10 fit until I put it all back! My life is exhausting.
Miz Johnny, you had to unload a Model 15 HC, a serger, an Ideal, and a Who Knows, plus bits and parts -- twice to check out that Davis????????? Man of man I did not know that much stuff would fit on a Davis!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for all the work!!!!! You are an angel!!!

I did buy some shuttles, but they are not the ones that I am using in the Davis. The shuttles I am trying to use came with the Davis, but they are not Davis shuttles. The only actual Davis shuttle I can find is for sale on the net for $45 and although, it is advertised as a Davis Vertical Feed shuttle there is a question as to whether it is actually a Davis or not. The people selling the shuttle are suppose to get back to me on whether it actually says Davis, I have a few other Boye shuttles and none of them work. I tried them all.

Does the shuttle in your Davis say Davis? I can hear you groaning right now if you have to unload that machine again! I am so sorry to ask, but I really need to know. Also, does your Davis sew if your shuttle is not a Davis?

And, I will wait until you can check with your folks about a shuttle!

Nancy