Old 12-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by BoJangles
I did buy some shuttles, but they are not the ones that I am using in the Davis. The shuttles I am trying to use came with the Davis, but they are not Davis shuttles. The only actual Davis shuttle I can find is for sale on the net for $45 and although, it is advertised as a Davis Vertical Feed shuttle there is a question as to whether it is actually a Davis or not. The people selling the shuttle are suppose to get back to me on whether it actually says Davis, I have a few other Boye shuttles and none of them work. I tried them all.

Does the shuttle in your Davis say Davis? I can hear you groaning right now if you have to unload that machine again! I am so sorry to ask, but I really need to know. Also, does your Davis sew if your shuttle is not a Davis?

And, I will wait until you can check with your folks about a shuttle!

Nancy
The VF happens to be in my sewing room (and I use the term loosely, as I rarely get any sewing done) and my GD is asleep in there, so it will have to wait. Especially since she's feeling better and has been acting like a 3-year-old today!!
The Boye 10 is for "Davis New Style", which would be the "modern" one that uses 15 x 1 needles. There is no shuttle listed for the old style.
I have a stash of old shuttles in addition to the 5 Boye cases, so am going to try some that look like they might work. More than once I've had someone stumped by a missing shuttle, and we've just gone through shuttle after shuttle until we find one that works. I have to think on whether or not I have any Davis-made machines in my stash; I can try those out as well. It will be a couple of days, but I will get back with you.