View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 04:09 AM
Cuddly Quilter

I would like to share with you all my lovely bedroom Jacobs Ladder quilt that i had started more than 6 years ago. On this course were did not use ONE single short cut and had to cut out each little square and stitch those together. You can imagine how long it took to cut those out - Fits my King size bed. When it came to assembling the quilt, the shapes did not match 100%. I unpicked, ran out of material to redo some blocks :cry:, irritation ran wild, etc. I eventually :evil: gave up and threw it into the cupboard out of frustration. When i send my last quilt to be professionaly joined 2 months ago, i noticed an insert saying "If you have uncompleted quilts in the cupboard, we will finish them for you" I then remembered this quilt and could not believe that someone would finish someone elses "mess ups". Well off it went and i am so very glad i did send it. To me it is a master piece and those "corners that did not match" it is not an issue now, as the overall quilts design catches your eye and not the imperfections. So anyone out there who feels or has felt like me, IT DOES NOT MATTER! :P

Now my pride and joy - so glad i had it finished for me. A lesson learnt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150520[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-150515.jpe