Old 12-31-2010, 05:44 AM
ArtisticDesign

So glad I asked this question. I've alread learned several new things from your answers...I did use top of the line cotton material on "that quilt" as well as freshly bought thread.. However, the many different types of thread weights/brands etc was enough to boggle the mind lol..I have since been using gutermanns and am really liking it..I plan on picking some up from ConnectingThreads as well. Sure helps to know what thread weight to get(smile)
And I had no idea about using the zigzag stitch when using fleece etc raptueready, ty...I have just finished 3 fleece covered pet pillow and plan on a fleece backed quilt for my sons gf next..
As soon as I make me another summer and winter quilt...I'll move my first and more fragile quilt to the occassionaly used pile..

Question:: I do have one more curiosity question... If the poly thread is so much more durable..Why would you not use that for peicing as well?..Oh, and is the thread weight rule( 40 and or higher) the same for poly thread?..Thanks so much from me and other newbie-ish quilters you guys. Great info