Old 12-31-2010, 06:45 AM
featherweight

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by KatFish
My Singer 301 is skiping stitches when I sew anything heavy weight, like flannel, jeans, and anything with fusable web. Can anyone tell me what to look for. I rethreaded and changed the bobbin but no such luck.
Katfish are you saying your 301 sews great when you sew light weight fabrics like quilting cotton? If your machine is only skipping stitches on the heavier fabrics, then I'd agree with everyone else. It is probably the needle. Did you insert a needle appropriate for the heavier fabrics like a Jeans/denim 100? Also, make sure your needle is orientated correctly for that machine and threaded correctly - left to right - right to left - whatever your manual says. I have 19 sewing machines and I have to look at a little cheater chart everytime I change needles and thread the needles to make sure the needle's flat side is set correctly and the needle is threaded from the correct side -- it seems a lot of the machines are different that way!

Nancy
Correct, The needle goes flat side to the back and thread the needle right to left...