Thread: Quilting Group
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 06:50 AM
jdeery

I have started a quilting group at my work place, no money involved. There was about 15 of us, we meet after work once a month to sew and just to get some questions answered and just get inspired.Some came with a sewing machine brand new in the box and never sewed before and now has just gone wild, and as so many others have been continue to sew, but now the problem is no one is coming out. They are quilting, sewing on their own, which is great and we do have a show and tell, they bring in their projects for us to awe over when they finish their projects but, my group has seemed to fizzle. Does anyone
have any suggestions, how to get that excitement back into our group to actually come together? It is held at our school, and we just meet from 4:00 - 7:00, we started out meeting twice a month, this year it is once a month was with a pot luck, then now just appetizers, and last couple times, it was only me. Any suggestions? I know everyone is busy, I even changed days from Mondays to Wednesday thinking that would have helped.
Starting Jan, I think I have maybe two people coming. Please help!