Old 12-31-2010, 10:01 AM
Butterflyspain

Think you are all doing great things with your DJīs canīt wait till I get caught up AGAIN. Guess what I did one block today, sat and hand sewed it. Looks a lot better than the last try I can tell you.

I am so looking forward to seeing all our quilts done and then of course the start of the AOTH quilt. I think I will go with a light back ground on this one, donīt like sewing on black hurst my eyes a bit especially if there is going to be a lot of hand sewing, just a thought, may be a nice cream, it will look very different however. any one else got any thoughts on it.

Elle
Happy New Year everyone, may you have Health, Wealth and most of all Happiness.
I was telling one of my spanish friends the traditions in Scotland on a New Years night. Its called First Footing. What happens is someone who is tall dark and handsome has to knock on you door at just midnight and when you welcome him into your home he must carry with him a piece of coal and a bottle (alcohol). another friend from the North of England said they did something similar but it was Bread, coal and money. This was to bring food, warmth and wealth into the home. Have you any traditions in America.