View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 04:03 PM
scowlkat

My husband had an operation last spring to remove a very aggresive melanoma. Last week, DH went for a follow up exam and while there, the Dr. did two biopsies and sent him for a CT scan. Well of course, we were on pins and needles. Now hubby has been on night shift and we turn the phone off until time for him to get up. When we checked for messages yesterday, there was a request to call the physician's assistant. Now it had only been two days since the biopsy and we of course assumed the worst immediately. It was already past time for the office to close so we knew we had to wait til morning. Then I remembered that I had a card given to us in the spring with a cell phone number on it. Thinking it was the assistant, I called only to have the Dr. answer. I explained why I called and was told he was about to go into surgery and would have to call me back. Well I thought that was the last we would hear last night. Two hours later the phone rang and it was the Dr. He said he had gone back to his office after finishing the surgery and reviewed the file for DH. He didn't want us to spend the night worrying because everything came back clear. What a blessing he is!

So the suggestions I need are about what I can make him as a thank you for going out of his way? Should I make a wall hanging, a lap quilt, placemats, what? I don't know anything about his tastes or home life. I really want to do something but just can't decide what to do.