Old 12-31-2010, 05:41 PM
n2scraplvr

This was a fun project to do! The object was to crash the colors together so only one bright one in the 4P emerges. By placing dark fabrics in the background caused the bright ones to emerge even more and caused the surrounding blocks to fade away. I started out with a really animated block but noticed the more blocks I did, the more intense they became so I used the 1st 16 blocks to form the nucleus of the quilt and the outer perimeter was done to slightly mimic what was within. I threw 2 blocks in that had absolutely no relation to the others and, believe it or not, it worked well. I found an orange Peter Pan collar in the scrap bag from the 60's and cut that up and put in and found a red plaid cuff from that era and cut that up and put it in so it felt good to put those items to good use! Fabrics were carefully selected to create a specific look. Hope you enjoy my experiment crashing colors together! (haven't sewed the rows together yet!) Happy New Year, everyone!

Clashing-Crashing 4 Patch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150842[/ATTACH]

close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150843[/ATTACH]

horses, chickens and butterflies in one of the blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150844[/ATTACH]

some more of the blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150845[/ATTACH]

there's a man and woman in this fabric!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150847[/ATTACH]

view from a distance(I darkened the pic some so you can see the brights emerge)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150848[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-150837.jpe   attachment-150838.jpe   attachment-150839.jpe   attachment-150840.jpe   attachment-150842.jpe  

attachment-150843.jpe