View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 07:06 PM
omak

Actually <g> I am neither a nurse or a DR, but I do love medicine.
The advice came from MY chriopractor <g> ... the ice isn't as comfortable as the heat is (I think because we are old and cold and don't realize how cold we are until we get close to a heat source ... ANYWAY!
Last February, during a wrestling match with a calf, I experienced my first and only wrenched back, so badly that I couldn't walk without help. Couldn't turn over in bed. Couldn't get out of a chair without help. I have never in my life been so debilitated! (First time I had actually been able to empathize with back patients, too :oops: )
Hubby took me to his chiropractor (who practices low impact - - don't know the right word for it) and Dr Ross explained the heat/cold difference.
I had to figure it all out, but it helped that when hubby bought me a new van, he bought one with fanny heaters in the front seat.
I'm telling you! Those are MARVELOUS things in the early morning cold, but I had noticed that after heating up with the fanny heater and then traveling long distances, when I got out of the van, I could hardly walk ... so, when Dr Ross explained it to me, I put that together with my experiences, had my AH HA! moment and proceeded to spread "the gospel" <g>
I believe in giving people the best advice I have when it seems to be needed ... (that is what saved my life for so many years, and I try to pass it on) I have long ago given up being concerned about being considered a buttinsky <g> ... if I help someone by sharing what I have learned, that is great! <wave>