View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 10:34 PM
beautress

http://static.quiltingboard.com/uplo...scraps_011.jpg

AbbyQuilts, I've enjoyed reading through this thread this evening and found it by loading in "postage stamp quilt" in search and finding you. Cute work area, so familiar to me. I've made several postage stamp quilts and use them in potholders, aprons, hot mitts, vests, and to cover old ts and sweats. I buy fabric, and that same day try to cut my strips. All my pieces are generally 1.25" finished, which means I have to cut everything 1.75". Then I sew a light and a dark of sundry fabrics together, cut those 1.75" perpendicular to the first stitch line to get tiny 3" four patches. I put all the darks running from northwest to southeast. Often the dark and the light fabric are close in value, which renders each quilt to have a slightly different look. I mix them sometimes, and other times, I pick which goes where. I try to use only one of each fabric in the smaller quilts (under or around 40x60") and keep light and dark pairs in dozens of filled 2-gallon zip-locking clear plastic bags, and I have about 3 65-gallon bins full of the plastic bags with twosies in them. I've been doing this for several years now, and it's as much fun to sit down and sew 100 pairs together like I did in a couple of hours yesterday evening, and look forward to sewing some more.

Please, please please keep up the good work and take a picture and share it of your progress to date like the ones you showed on page 1 as soon as you can.

All of us here would like to encourage you to keep after this project and hope your life is at a place where you can devote even 15 minutes a day to your project.