View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 05:45 AM
MaryAnna

Originally Posted by ckcowl
i am still in but have to say...this week was very overwhelming just trying to figure out all of the ufo's and priority ... there is so much...i don't know how i let it get so out of control and i don't know where to start. i have orders for (8) different kids quilts- 2 were supposed to be for christmas, the other 6 is new; i have 3 quilts waiting for bindings, 4 quilts waiting to be quilted and bound. i have 5 different bom's in various stages. i have boxes and boxes of blocks...from swaps, from learning new techniques, from quilts i started...made a bunch of blocks for quilts and for what ever reason stopped at some point...then months later use the fabric for something else totally and find the blocks...oh that's what i had that fabric for :shock:
2 christmas quilts one i started 6 years ago, have 6 of 15 blocks done, one i started 2 years ago...it is hanging in the sewing room in sections. see how i'm rambling...i'm so overwhelmed...i dont' know where to start. i am going to start with going out & fixing some new year's breakfast...then take a nice long shower, then go into the sewing room and just ... start cleaning i guess...if i really go through stuff and put away and box up to give away maybe i will be able to put together a list and start the new year off right :thumbup:
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE ! I MIGHT STOP BACK BY LATER WITH A PROGRESS REPORT :-D
ckcowl, yes it can be overwhelming, hence the need to organize. I think you've got your answer and stratedy already! It sounds like the 8 children's quilts are a priority and the quilts in need of binding, then the quilts needing quilting & binding, then working on your boms.
I think if you can tackle these projects first, you're doing great! After that I"m sure you'll find the rest that are hiding from you now.
You've got your projects lined up already!
Go get 'em. Remember it's easier to finish the ones that are closest to completion first. Work on the quilts needing bindings today! And post a pic!
Blessings,
MaryAnna