Thread: stolen quilt
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 06:07 AM
wanna be quilter

Originally Posted by Tropical
My family had problems with stolen quilts and other things that had been given to my father who was living in a nursing home the last four years of his life. Because my mother spent part of each day there with him, she immediately noticed when something was missing. We later found out that some of the items were taken by employees. One time my youngest brother made a huge fuss about a gift from one of our family members that had been stolen from my father's room. After about a week of his continually going to the office to check to see if it had been returned and making another huge fuss when it hadn't been, someone finally got the messsage he wasn't going to let it drop and the gift was returned. Mom finally had to take every gift home where Dad never got to enjoy them. Several stolen gifts were donated by caring quilters such as yourselves. I hate to think of all of the patients who have lost gifts in this manner. It keeps me from donating to nursing homes. My DMIL passed away just a couple of weeks before my Dad died. Both ended their lives in nursing homes.

This is so sad ! these people who do this are the lowest of the low, so sorry for the loss of you Dad and MIL.