View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 07:44 AM
MaryAnna

Originally Posted by kateyb
I'm in.
Our guild has a WIP, UFO challenge going to see how many we can get done by November.
Participating in both places sounds good to me.
At last count I had close to 100. If I can make a dent i will have more space and have a great many Christmas gifts done for next year.
Welcome onboard kateyb! Yes, it's a great plan to be involved with both. I joined the yahoo group, stashbusters, for that 'extra edge' myself. And maybe we can borrow some of their challenges as well. They have a great success rate. Someone on their group finished 33 quilts for 2010....so I have hope for me!!!

Big Secrets for success:

1. Know what you're up against, or how many projects you're gonna tackle- either in groupings, or in total. Some can't find everything all at once, so do what you can find first.

2. Organize according to either longevity (how long you've had it lying around) or, what I think is better, how much work to finish it off. The ones closest to finishing should be done first.

3. Once organized and lined up, don't have them 'right in your face' to taunt you, rather put them in a closet (or out of direct sight) in the order of attack. Keep a list- I like the grease board idea given by one of our members- and scratch them off the list as you get them done. I would keep the list where you can see it.

And don't forget to share with us your victories, your photos, and if you're frustrated with a quilt....we're all in this together!

Blessings,
MaryAnna