View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 09:11 AM
LastGrandma

I have accumulated some cash to spend on quilting this holiday season. And can't make up my mind as to what I want to buy. I have enough to get the EQ7 or the AccuQuilt Fabric Cutter or the Simplicity Fabric Strip Cutter. What to do? What to do?

I am not an artsy quilter, but love to make all kinds of quilts and things. Don't know that I would use the EQ7 to it's fullest, but would it help me that much with original quilts -- photos turned into quilts or landscape quilts? (I am very computer literate and am married to a guy that can help me if I get stuck; so no concerns there.)

AccuQuilt Fabric Cutter would be helpful with accurate cutting of triangles and other applique shapes, but I see the dies as a real budget killer.

The Simplicity Fabric Strip Cutter does not seem to be real sturdy or stress free. And I usually can cut my strips accurately.

So now that I have written this out, it appears that my choices are really between the EQ7 or the AccuQuilt Fabric Cutter.

Which would you chose and why? I am so torn. Thanks for any help you can give me....