View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Thanks for that link, PTQUILTS!

I read in our newspaper - so it should be true, right? - that all stamps for the first-class, one-ounce (typical letter) rate will be Forever stamps from now on until... forever.

And I agree that they're a good investment. Just have to keep them dry, and away from the fireplace, and out of the hands of little kids. (A bazillion stickers?? COOL! Let's put 'em on EVERYTHING!)

I looked through the commercial rates. (Note that these are the prices that you pay if you create your label online, not the "retail" prices you pay if you pay for your package at your Post Office's retail counter.) Here's what I've gleaned, that will affect the shipping prices online shoppers will likely be paying:

Priority Mail rates (US Domestic) are unchanged for the 12-1/2" x 9-1/2" envelopes. (Insert a sigh of relief, right?) They will be introducing a legal-size flat-rate envelope which (for commercial senders) will cost 20 cents more. Personally, I'm very interested to get my hands on one of these to find out how much more fabric will fit in those extra 3 inches of space!

Priority Mail rates (US Domestic) will go up 30 cents for the medium flat-rate box and 25 cents for the large flat rate box.

Priority Mail International shipments using the 12-1/2" x 9-1/2" flat-rate envelopes will cost 47 cents more. This applies to Canada, Mexico, and all other countries. There's no mention of an international legal-size envelope being available.