Thread: Is it just me??
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Ps 150

My DH says I'm quirky, too, but with all things, not just sewing or quilting.

I need to clean my sewing room between each new project or else I just can't bring myself to start it.

I have two DDs who are learning to sew and quilt so I HAVE to color coordinate the tools/notions or I go nuts. If the tools/notions are blue, they're Mommy's. If they're pink, they're the girls' (which means we support the breast cancer awareness campaign a LOT) and if they're purple, they're fair game. We can't always find notions in these colors so if they're the orange pinking shears or the yellow quilter's measuring tape, then the girls know to ask first. Also, my hand sewing/on-the-go sewing kit has all red tools/notions that go in my red tote bag so if we find a red notion lying around we know where it belongs.

I also use a hand-me-down quirk from my Gram. As a child I would spend hours in her sewing room, watching her sew and playing on the floor. She always said, and still does, that a good and proper sewing room always had three things in it--candy stashed somewhere, a button box and laughing children. I'm happy to say that this is a quirk that I stick to very closely, even though I'm dieting...it just means that DH and the kids visit more often to taste the new candy I've set out for them. :D