View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 01:32 PM
bakermom

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Originally Posted by quiltmom04
I get so upset at people who ignore the "No Parking - Fire Lane" painted along the sidewalks at the shopping center. Yesterday, some one parked there to go in to Starbucks! I almost said, "Doesn't the No Parking sign mean YOU?" Grrr!
-------------------------------------------------------------
AND the Handicapped parking. I absolutely despise the healthy people who park there, with or without Grandpa's parking pass hung on the mirror. And then they get out and trot to the store. When I get angry they merely shrug and say that it was the only close parking space there!! I've pushed my late DH's wheelchair half a block in pounding rain to get to a doctor's office, and in the sun and wind when he wanted to go to a special store, while younger healthy people parked near by in
the handicapped parking spaces.
Once when I was chewing a young man out a meter reader came along and asked if it was HIS parking pass. And he got an expensive ticket while several older people and I stood and almost cheered. I think the ticket at that time was about $170 or so, YEAH!!
Ok, another take on this: my sister and I used to take our mom shopping in HER car w/HC sitcker. One of us would grocery shop with mom while the other ran other errands with her car. when she wasn't with us we used "regular" parking spots. when we would return to the grocery we would park in the HC spot and run it to help mom and sister with groceries. anyone watching would see a "healthy" person taking up that spot. what you see isn't always what you think it is.