View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 01:39 PM
kwendt

In regards to the other question... about how to fix the iron if it keeps shutting off unexpectedly.... I should think if someone mechanical/electrical took it apart... they should be able to find the sensor that is causing that. I would assume that either that sensor could be bypassed (so you have a non-auto shut off iron) or cleaned/replaced.

We just had a temp/overheat sensor fail on our microwave. My DH got the electrical schemats out and found where the sensor was. $12 later (online sensor order) he replaced the failed sensor. So our $800 Convection/Microwave is working again for $12. The local 'fix it' place wanted $80 just to look at it. <grrr> Maybe my DH should look into the old B&D that's randomly shutting off too.

Oh... and if anyone's interested... when I have some REAL pressing to do, I have a 1950's Westinghouse Chrome PRESS iron (solid chrome plate, no holes, no steam, and heavy!) that I use. lol. It's so retro, and it weighs like 8 lbs or something ridiculous... but can it ever press the sharpest creases! I'm afraid of it a little!