Old 01-01-2011, 01:41 PM
barnbum

Originally Posted by Sharon Chaffino
Karla, A little hint for your next bargello. I have made a few and when I find a strip is short, I piece a strip of the same fabric to make it long enough. When you make your second cuts, often times that seam falls on a cut line. If it doesn't, I'll unsew on that little piece and remove the seam. If you don't want to remove the seam, you can just use it as is. You can't see the seam and it doesn't distract from the finished quilt. It would save you from having to change fabrics. After all, it is called piecing for a reason
That's a great hint--thank you!!!
I have eight out of 20 strips together and I like it. No bowing so far--and I only had to rip out two seams. :roll: just not paying close enough attention. There's a lot to remember--sew with the lower number on top--iron toward the higher numbers... and I haven't even gotten to the tricky part yet! :roll: :lol:

I tired to keep the ends even on the strips--but when a pair is flipped to be sewn the other direction, I lose track and so on some will need to trim quite a bit at the ends to start even.

It's been rainy here today--so good day for sewing. I'll head back in tonight to work on the next 4 rows. :-D