View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 02:05 PM
salmonsweet

Originally Posted by great aunt jacqui
...I still go online and fill my cart with what I love but never purchase it. I revisit my cart often and eliminate things...
LOL I've been doing this shopping basket thing for years on Amazon. Books were my previous impulse-buy target... Not sure I could resist the allure of a well-filled fabric shopping basket just yet. Applauding you, jacqui!!

That said, I have not been tempted to buy or even browse any shops so far. (Don't know what would happen if I started...) Seeing all the topics on here about rising fabric prices, I feel sort of :mrgreen: Plus, it's good for the planet - apparently the cotton industry is a major contributor to our global greenhouse problem.

I felt a bit wistful this morning pulling bedlinen from my washing machine... Don't ask me why, I miss washing new fabrics and adding them to my shelf!

Have been quilting on a quilt, started piecing another when I ran out of quilting thread and had to wait for my order. Finished a knitted throw in the week before Christmas. I still have enough items in progress to last me well into the summer, if not through the year. That should clear enough space on my fabric shelf for storing projects, instead of stuffing them into random half-available spaces throughout my home.

Enough fabric in my stash to make, oh well, two or three (?) dozen more quilts beyond that. Looks like I could well be on the 2012 fabric moratorium as well, lol!

Overall I feel lighter and happier every week. It's like I'd been buying more fabric than was good for my creativity... this feels so gooooood!!