View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 07:00 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Originally Posted by babeegirl
It bothers me for people to dicker the prices either at a craft fair or on places like Ebay. I quit selling on Ebay because of the bidders wanting to pick up a quilt for 10.00 that I put at least 100.00 worth of fabrics into not to mention the time and application of our experience and skills. I have lots of people at work ask me what it would cost to make a quilt for them and most of them don't want to pay what a quilt is truly worth. Even lesser quality fabrics are getting expensive per yard which drives the cost up. I've been thinking of starting a Quilt Repair business instead after the holidays are over.
When quilts are advertised for $XX any size, it's not too surprising that people have no idea what it costs to make one.

On my perverse days, I am tempted to tell them - take a class, make at least a crib size quilt, THEN come and ask me about making a quilt for you. You don't need a sewing machine. All you really need is fabric, scissors, needle and thread. That's what our ancestors had!