Thread: DIFFERENT NAMES
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 03:04 PM
ArtisticDesign

Reviving this thread:

Sorry ladies, most of you that hate your names. I totally love them(Charisma> HaHa!, awesome)...I grew up with a unique name ( Dene'- pronounced like Renee') and although I hated no one remembering how to say it and teachers stumbling over it..I did like it ok..
I never heard of anyone with the name while growing up - Although, I've heard it on several younger kids recently..
My Dad told me he made it up cause he didn't want to name me Rene like my mother wanted.However, I think there was a movie star back then named Dene Merrill( and my last name is Merrill)..I think they just added the accent mark lol

I am curious, Those of you with more unique names...How did that carry over when naming your children?.. With me, I Haaad to have something a little unique lol.. My poor son was born during my harliquen romance phase and he came verrry close to being named Gunner Six or Dillon Slaide(with a long A)- laughing ::..Thankfully, hubby liked names like Bruce so a compomise was in order = Devin..
I named my daughter Kearstin, my poor angel passed a way..But, I still remember my father never remebering how to pronounce her name..Hence, to him, she was addressed as " lil stinkpot" lol