Old 01-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Sweetness

Originally Posted by klarina
Hello ladies,
I was out of town. But I'm back. Here is about me.
I'm 63 years old. Mother of five, grandmother of 7. I'm married to my second husband, the father of my youngest child. I was born and raised in Mexico, the great grand daughter of an anglo-saxon Californian sailor who emigrated to the southwest part of Mexico and married my great grandmother.
I live in So. California and work as a graphic designer with my husband. We have a small book printing company.
I have been sewing for 30 or more years, but started quilting just one year ago.
I have been to several block swaps in another forum, but this is my first Row Robin swap and also my first swap in this forum.
I'm very excited with this project. Some nights I stay awake because my mind is wandering on different possibilities for my blocks and I find myself wishing it was morning so I could start sewing. lol.
Happy New Year to you guys.
Yeah!!! Welcome back :)

WOW...Southern CA. I've always said that if all else fails & I have to be homeless I'm packing my sewing machine, stash, dog & truck so I can move to Venice Beach selling quilts by day & sleep on the beach at night! I'll have to dig up a pic I have of an AMAZING drum circle & sunset out there about 5-6 years ago.

Graphic design & 30 years sewing...I must say that I'm intimidated! Excited that I'm sure I'll get wonderful blocks, but afraid mine won't be anywhere near your expertise!

I agree with karen, have you ever published yourself?