Old 01-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Gwyn

Okay. I finally am getting around to this. You will have to be patient with me. I am not a techno whiz so if it is more than email, I am lost.

The members of group 13 are:
Gwyn - group leader---My Favorite Quilting Squares & Patterns -- Utah

MadQuilter -- America in Red, White and Blue -- California

CherylW -- black, white and a bright. Use same bright throughout your row and no color repeats. -- Ohio

Melburk -- Horses -- Iowa
&
Scrapquilt -- Winter -- Ohio

I think these are going to be really wonderful quilts. I've never done a quilt in a row by row fashion, but I'll try anything once.

One thing we will need is a group name. I'm up for any suggestions.

I know I have been slow getting going, but I am excited. As I understand it, our first mailing will be February 15th. It is important to get your quilt row planned and be ready to mail it on the 15th.

Also, remember to include a label for everyone to sign. Read through all the mailing instructions to be sure you know the rules. Following the rules helps everyone feel secure and insures all the quilts the same level of safety and care.

If you find you have a problem that will impact our participation, please contact me right away. I understand life stuff...I certainly impacted my IRR group last year when my husband passed away. New babies, unexpected company, money for fabric or postage, all are legit excuses. It is just important to communicate. I'm really easy to get along with. In the past there have been people who aren't participating who are on standby to fill in when life throws the curve ball. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it.

Since I am not sure how to create a place to post pictures seperate from this thread, that will just have to wait until someone tells me how to get it done. For now, let's think about a name, start getting to know eachother, and have a little bit of show and tell about the fabrics we are starting with and pictures of some of our first blocks/rows.

Happy Quilting, Gwyn