View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 08:09 PM
JeanieG

Originally Posted by omak
Originally Posted by JeanieG
Well here is what my 2 blocks look like. I sewed the two last night to see what they would look like. They are not cropped yet.

I have a problem with Block 1 as it measures 10 3/4" rather than 11". I have only put one together so will see how some of the others come out. If they all measure that, then I will cut Block 2 to 10 3/4" instead of 11".
If I remember correctly, you are going to trim the string pieced blocks to 10.5", so you are well within the measurements. <wave>

Block 1 is suppose to measure 11" according to the directions. Mine are 1/4" short. The string blocks are suppose to be squared to 11" also. They are suppose to finish at 10.5.

MY MISTAKE -- you are correct ... eleanor burns says that if the block is within a quarter inch of what it is supposed to measure, you can stretch it ... when I made one of the Victory Quilts, I had a similar problem, and she was correct - - the difference was easily solved with a little pressure. <wave> finished size of the blocks should be 10.5"