Old 01-01-2011, 08:50 PM
maine ladybug

Originally Posted by pattis47
Joan,
There is a part of me that wants to be surprised, but the rest or me is to curious, I just want to see the pictures as they are being done. I am so anxious to see how it is coming along. I hope you get your row on Monday. I have been working on the civil war row and hopefully will complete it this weekend. I am originally from York, PA. We have alot of civil war history as the troops marched thru on their way to Gettysburg. I was lucky enough to have a chance to visit the local Historical Society when I was home for Christmas and sketched some blocks from the actual quilts they have. Many years ago I was a docent there and also at the Gates House and Plough Tavern.
I did some practice blocks with other fabric to be sure my measurements were good and now I am working on the actual blocks for the row.
Patti

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
I haven't received the row from Scotland yet, but think I may be picking it up at the Post Office on Monday. I hope so. Then I can get started.
I do have a plan for the row I will add, but want to see her row first and be sure my plan and fabrics will work with it.
I will post pictures of the row I make and of the rows sewn together.
Normally I wouldn't want to see my rows until the end, but this time I'm going to say it's okay to post if the person working on it wants to.

Hope I answered all the questions.
Wow! That's great. Now I'm looking forward to seeing what you do even more, and I was excite about it before!!