Thread: Bias Tape Maker
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 04:36 AM
LuvQuiltin

I got the opportunity to shop a bit yesterday and was looking at the Simplicity Bias Tape Maker. I had always thought about getting one since I make so many quilts. I thought it might be a time saver for me and prevent me from frying my fingers from time to time. So, being the little investigator that I am, I'm reading reviews of the device and watching videos of how to use it and noticed that the fabric folds to the center on both sides. When I make binding for my quilts I fold it in half so there is only one fold and stitch the side that is not folded to the edge of my quilt. I'm now perplexed.....not a good thing and thought I'd post here and see if I've always been doing my quilt bindings wrong? Do you fold your binding strips in half and attach? or do you fold both sides inward? If I've been doing my bindings the correct way, then at this point I'm not seeing an advantage to the bias tape maker. Gee, that would mean if I'm not buying one I should be able to take the money I would have spent and spend it on something else? lol........Joann's has them online onsale right now........in case anyone else may be interested. So, what say you? Single fold? or double fold?