Old 01-02-2011, 06:32 AM
mamaw

Learn to enjoy every moment...be it yourself or with a loved one. I was diagnosed with an incurable form of leukemia back in 2002 and it was very emotional. I even had a break down one day while outside working in the flower garden....was crying and stabbing my trowel into the ground over and over again, neighbors going by must have thought I was one foolish person. I can laugh at it now; but back then I was that angry. Needless to say, I am still here to enjoy every day; but have seen other family members and friends lose their battles with cancer. You must be strong because we (the cancer victims) don't want to be pitied. Just want to know that we are loved and you are there for us, whatever we need to go through. Don't be too afraid of chemotherapy because it can do some wonderful things and I can attest to a cousin with stage 4 colon cancer who is still in remission and an aunt who has been kept alive for over 13 years because of going through her chemo whenever necessary. The battle is long and hard, not everyone makes it; but just be there with love, support, and laughter to make the days more pleasant. If the person is a female and loses her hair, tell her how beautiful she looks with her smile and how happy you are to still be able to look at her face and give her a hug. When the final days come, just be there ....cannot stress the words "be there" enough. Make the most of every moment. HUGS