View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 08:54 AM
nance-ell

[quote

I am in the same boat. I was raised in a house with two quilters (both mom AND dad) and grew up always taking time to do "crafty" things! The women I work with and the volunteers I am in charge of at work are amazed at the things I do ... They don't understand how I have the time ... Well, I MAKE time! There was a period where I did not do crafts, I did not sew, I did not quilt, I did not even get on the computer or read ... It was a very bad time in my life and my doctor saw the need to put me on medication. My DH felt awful because here we are - both just over 20 and straight out if college and I was miserable. After talking with my mom he realized that I was working too much and started scheduling time for me to be crafty. He starts talking me to the fabric store and craft stores and finding things that catch my eye and buying them for me to make :) Anyways ... Longer story short, I am now off medication and totally loving life :) just had a funky year where I had to MAKE time for ME things :)[/quote]

What a wonderful and intuitive DH. I always turn to creative outlets during "down" times and it really does make a difference! Congrats on coming out of your "funky year"!