Old 01-02-2011, 08:55 AM
donnajean

The cheapest Media Mail rate is for up to 1 lb. at $2.38 with no Delivery Confirmation

Originally Posted by MTS
A few other thoughts:

I don't think a buyer would have problem paying $5 for Priority for THREE books. I think that's a fine deal. And most quilting books are the same size. If you're particularly inclined, you might be able to stuff 4 books into a Flat Rate USPS Priority envelope for that $5.

And in case you didn't know, the tape is free also. Just ask at your LPO for a roll next time you're there. But it can ONLY be used on packages being sent via Priority. If you use it on the Media Mail packages, it will get kicked back to you.

Media Mail for a book will probably run around $2.00. I think the average quilt books weighs around 12-13oz. Add in some for packaging.
Also, you can check on Amazon, as they have the book weights listed (without packaging).

Media Mail is NOT available on USPS.com, nor is First Class. Very annoying. I guess they don't trust us to really only approved Media items via Media Mail.

And, fyi, Magazines are not allowed to be send via Media Mail as they contain advertising.

Even if they're 50 years old. So in the unlikely event that they open your package (which they never do), be prepared. I have heard it happen with someone who sold old LIFE magazines.