View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

He has been wanting his own EQ for quite awhile now. His mom told him he could not download it onto her computer as she didn't have the room. So He got a computer of his own for Christmas and the first thing he said was he wanted to download my EQ program. As I am allowed to put it on 2 computers and haven't til now I let him downnload it on his pc. He is enthralled with it!! He has OCD and it plays into his obsession with geometrics but he has a natural eye for placement and color etc. He does have alot to learn about making them user friendly but he is off to a good start.

I do have designs he has done on my computer too. He has spent alot of time playing on mine over the last 3 yrs.
He has a high IQ. He is in 6th grade but tests out at 11th grade in reading and was in a TAG program for gifted students. His mind is always running on high and way ahead of him. He is always questioning what if or why and gets down to minute detail. It takes alot to keep him occupied so giving him this EQ is a great way to channel all that busyness and questing for new things!! He reads the encyclopedia for fun and challenges himself all the time. So this was a natural element for him to learn to design.

I am going to give him the link tonight so he can read this thread. He will be so thrilled to hear all of your comments!!

Thank you so much for all of your kind comments!! It is important to me to encourage him to succeed in this!