Old 01-02-2011, 10:18 AM
CraftyGardenMom

[quote=purrfectquilts]So media mail or parcel post with no insurance or delivery confirmation? How did the customers feel about that I wonder?

Did you use a padded envelope? Or wrap in plastic and heavy brown paper? Or something else?

quote]

I usually shipped media mail with delivery confirmation - it still came to less than the $3.99 credit. Plus I kept all my receipts from the post office in case the buyer questioned whether it had really shipped since media mail can sometimes take a longer time than most would think, other times it arrived as fast as Priority. That way I could scan and send them a copy of the receipt with their zipcode to "prove" I had in fact shipped their book. I only needed to do this once out of about 40 transactions, and the buyer notified me their book arrived the next day (after 2 1/2 weeks, which I agreed was a long time).

For packaging, I happened to have a lot of large size envelopes, some padded, so depending on the thickness of the book, I used what I already had. If it was a thicker envelope I didn't wrap the book. Otherwise I wrapped it in saran wrap, then packaged it.

Tanesha