Thread: Is it just me??
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 12:41 PM
angelarose

I have habits regarding sewing.
I can sew with or without shoes, most of the times with shoes (slippers).
Most often I work on one project at a time.
I like everything neat around me. I keep a small dish to put snipped threads or teeny scraps into and dump that dish when it's full. (The dish is my grandchildrens' baby dish I fed them from, so it has sentimental value.) If I can't pick up the threads, etc. with my hands, I use a lint brush. I just run it over the mat and table. This way I don't wear all the threads and fuzzies, just some of them!
Each WIP is organized: thread, bobbins, fabric pieces, notes about stitich length, etc. and pattern are contained in a container of some sort...usually a square plastic tub.
If the carpet needs it I run a small sweeper around the sewing/cutting tables. I can't help my obsession...been like this all my life.
The drawer I have thread in is so crammed. I have the threaded bobbins with the matching thread in those little snack bags. But it looks as if I have to use an additional drawer.
That's what I'm about with the quilting hobby.
It's fun to share how we do our own thing...so many sew barefooted! One of my daughters always drove barefooted as a teen.