View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 05:03 PM
irishrose

Last night before I went to bed, I cut out a Friendship Star from the coral and aqua blenders I had purchased for the sashing on this quilt. My concern is that the quilt fabrics are rather curvy and the star is angular. If I need to, I can replace a square in the quilt that has a Moorish tile with one that I have leftover with a large floral. I hate taking out anything sewn on this machine, but I will if I have to. Then I will applique the curvy tile onto the center of the angular star. Could work. I wasn't home today to play with it. The star pattern was for a 12" block, I need 13 1/2", but I think I got it.

C's birthday is the 13th, so I can't put it away for a while. I can buy another Moda Fandango charm pack from any number of online retailers, but that would add to my stash. I agreed not to do that in another thread. Talk about tough resolutions! At this point I don't need anyone to raid their charm packs, though I do appreciate the offer. I will need a little more of the coral blender, but it was purchased locally.

Chocolate? I am addicted, but am fasting my chocolate until I hear that my son has arrived safely on his trip from central Michigan to SLC, Utah. He should call tonight and say he's there. Screaming? that would frighten my gentle Liliana. It might even upset impish Moira. Irish cream? Not until I am healed from my accident last week.

Thank you all for your moral suport.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-152258.jpe