Old 01-02-2011, 05:48 PM
jljack

After several preliminary discussions, we (me and my siblings) are going to have a family meeting to tell our mom (86 years young!) that we think it's time for her to move in with my DH and I. She is remarkably energetic and independent, but over the past year she has started to have some health issues and her hands and head now shake nearly all the time, quite a lot when she is tired. We worry that she will fall or hurt herself when she's cooking. My nephew was riding with her recently while she was driving, and said she got confused at a left turn, and actually drove into the oncoming traffic lane.

So, it's time. We all knew it would come, and she already agreed that she would move in with us when we talked to her about making plans ahead of time about 2 years ago after my dad passed away. We can't even think about moving her to an assisted living, because she is still so active, and enjoys church, quilting, going shopping, spending time with her greatgrandkids and grandkids, etc.

How many of you have similar plans for the future of your parents? Or have you already becomes "roommates" with 1 or both of your parents?