View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Joan

Pictured below is a quilt that I just finished which will be for my MIL, also known as Grandma Carolyn. It is a belated gift for her 89th birthday. I have always felt so blessed to have her for a mother-in-law. She is the greatest and I just wish she lived closer to us. She and my FIL live on an island in Canada and we don't get to see them too often. What's worse is that recently she broke her leg and has other age related infirmities making life difficult at best. (It is my hope that we'll be able to travel up there and present this quilt in person---cross your fingers!) When my children were little, she was the grandparent who planned activities, art projects and little outings they enjoyed when we visited. They have many wonderful memories of times spent together. She always takes "my" side if there has ever been the slightest disagreement between me and my DH. And, in the past she readily not only shared all of the "family" recipes with me but gave me tips for success. (i.e. fried eggplant, something "my" family had never eaten.....)

I have only quilted for a year and was quite pleased with the finished product. No, I didn't quilt it but had a long arm quilter apply the finishing touches!

Her freezer is always full of ice cream and her heart is always full of love for family.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-35222.jpe   attachment-35229.jpe