Thread: Twister Squares
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 06:06 PM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Zephyr
I did exactly as you said, but the directions ended there.
They said nothing about keeping them in order. So I did keep each line seperate but not sure they were in order. Hence my problem.
Originally Posted by np3
Originally Posted by Zephyr
Originally Posted by mommamac
are you wanting to make a quilt? table runner? wreath?
the number of 5" squares & your grid will determine the end result I think.
I have 36 twister squares, so I guess I need suggestions or pictures. All I can remember seeing was the beautiful wreaths done with twisters.
I think I am confused as to how you started. You do not use the tool to cut the fabric out in the beginning. You put larger squares together with a border (make a quilt) and then use the tool to cut the twister square from the designed quilt. You place them down to make a new quilt in the same order. Well for the large quilt anyway.
Okay, you only need to make sure that the borders are still the borders.

Lay the blocks all out on a large table or the floor and put them back to the way they looked before you cut them. The cut blocks should be tilted at this point. Then just gently tilt them them to the right so they are matched squares. You will instantly see the "twister" now. Stitch the blocks back into rows then join the rows. After this is done, you add more border to it. I use the same border fabric. Then quilt and bind as usual.

I am making one right now and if you still are having trouble, I can take some pictures as I go and post them for you.